Jan 6, 2011

square one...

My plan to open a bakery goes something like this:
  1. travel back to Finland (my beloved homeland)
  2. get some BASIC education on pastries, cakes and baking overall (just to enhance my self-taught knowledge)
  3. work my BUTT OFF to save money in my piggy bank
  4. keep practicing skills and bakin' up a storm
  5. open an online bakery/catering service
  6. use money from that and savings to open a bakery
  7. rejoice and skip around in my apron :)
...doesn't look so bad but there's definitely a few steps that I didn't include...which includes the various meltdowns i will most likely have as well as failures overall. But no one ever said life was easy right?

So that's a summary of my "master" plan and over the next couple years I plan to complete those steps.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love :) and your plan sounds awesome. but you forgot step 8, return to America and share your baking skills with these poor souls.

-sarah

Coco said...

go selja!!!
i love it when you work on making your dreams come true. you're truly an inspiration to us all.

and i absolutely concur with sarah. you must return to america at some point to impart of your glorious substance. maybe you could go on cupcake wars and win enough money to start a second bakery here!!! whaaaaaat?!?!??!! that would be SWEET (in more than one way ;) hahaha)

<3

Sum said...

Yay! I love you this new blog and an attempt to fulfill your deepest passions! Can't wait to hear more! :)